Condens in rear lights

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettig

Interesting...... my hobby is waterskiing.
So went waterskien at a lake with a friend, droove back and put our `wet` gear in the back (seats down), mainly just wetsuits.

That was last week wednesday evening ..... now Monday evening, so 4 days and rear light units still have condens in them !

Normal or seals not ok ?

The thing seems pretty good about moisture from outside not getting in, but I'm not sure they tried to ensure moisture from inside of the car couldn't get there. Depending on where you live, it hasn't been all that warm, so it wouldn't 'bake' out, either. IF you can park it securely where you might leave the windows open, I'd do that to see if it dried out. It could take awhile. A day in the sun with the windows open should resolve it.

it bakes out in the sun just takes almost a week and we make this trip ....every week... hmmm

sure...... i get it out faster if I want. I am waterskiing like 25 years now and never had condens in the lights with any car.
Looks like these are pretty open from the inside (not a sealed unit).

Back