Measuring battery

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you find the 5.1 miles / kWh for one trip? On my 2017 i3 display I only see instantaneous and lifetime average mi/kWh.

On a recent 135 mile round trip, the Rex engine came on at about 118 miles.

Nyken said:
How did you find the 5.1 miles / kWh for one trip? On my 2017 i3 display I only see instantaneous and lifetime average mi/kWh.

On a recent 135 mile round trip, the Rex engine came on at about 118 miles.

I'm using the tripmeter display in my 2014 BMW i3-REx. I see yours is a 2017 REx which has a larger battery and possibly some display differences.

Doug Muro did a BMW i3-REx video of the earliest version that predated the 2014 model. The display screens had some differences.

Bob Wilson

viking79 said:
Where is lifetime average in app? I only see last trip. Android.
I am interested in learning whether the Android version of the BMW Connected app shows the correct lifetime electrical consumption average. On the iOS version, the main screen includes "Remote", "eDrive", and "Info" tabs. Press the "eDrive" tab to see various stats. Last trip, lifetime ("All trips"), and community consumption averages are shown after pressing the "Electrical Consumption" area. The lifetime and community averages are totally wrong on the iOS version.

Back