redred
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:55 pm

A lot easier than I expected it to be. I bought the Vgate Wifi Car2 and Bimmercode. I used a document i found online that showed a list of all the things I could code and wrote down 9 items I wanted to do:

1. Removed the welcome gongs
2. Seatbelt reminder/Sound off for driver
3. Unlock all doors with engine off (single pull handle)
4. Electronics off when door opened
5. Enable Exterior Door handle LED's in Reverse
6. Enable Hold Mode for Range Extender
7. Disable Legal Disclaimers
8. Change i-Drive Animation ///M Logo
9. Alter Range Extender activation to 15%

Out of those 9 items, 8 work flawlessly. The "Alter Range Extender activation to 15%" didn't seem to have any effect. I've been reading through threads on this forum about this and it appears that this is a common issue and that this coding doesn't work through Bimmercode?

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks!
2015 BMW Tera World i3 w/REX Arravani Grey & Black Leather

alohart
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 pm

redred wrote:The "Alter Range Extender activation to 15%" didn't seem to have any effect. I've been reading through threads on this forum about this and it appears that this is a common issue and that this coding doesn't work through Bimmercode?

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Not only does this not appear to work using BimmerCode, but I haven't read of anyone being able to get it to work using BMW's e-Sys software. There might be other parameters whose values need to be changed to make this work. However, the magic formula apparently hasn't yet been discovered, assuming that it exists.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

slac10
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 am

Same thing here. I contacted the programmer of Bimmercode and he confirmed that it was not working actually but working on it. He also asked me to try in expert mode with no luck.

sipabit
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 am

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Make sure you've used up at least 25% of your battery or the "holding SOC" button won't work.

Where in the submenus of Bimmercode were you able to find #2? Been trying to figure that out w/o any luck. Mind sharing?
A fanatic of all things electric. Ridables like electric ice chests and stand up scooters I adore. Drones like DJI, I root for. I'm a fan of both, but nothing beats my love for my 2016 i3 Rex with Deka World. Shhh, don't tell my wife.

gps1539
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi did you find out how to "Unlock all doors with engine off (single pull handle)" ?

redred
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm

sipabit wrote:Make sure you've used up at least 25% of your battery or the "holding SOC" button won't work.

Where in the submenus of Bimmercode were you able to find #2? Been trying to figure that out w/o any luck. Mind sharing?


Here's where i found everything:


ACSM Module:

Disable Welcome 3 Gongs:
3001 → Initialwarnung Set to: nicht_aktiv

SeatBelt Reminders/Sound OFF
3001→SBR-PreWarning_Beifahrer (Passenger) Set to: nicht_aktiv

BDC Body Module:

Unlock all doors with engine off (Single-Pull Handles):
3040→VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK set to: aktiv

Electronics off when door opened
3020→TCM_LOGIC_R_OFF_DOOR set to: aktiv

Enable Illumination of Exterior Door Handle LEDs when in Reverse
3070→OVT_BEI_REUCKFAHRLICHT set to: aktiv

HU_NBT or HU_ENTRYNAV:

Enable Hold-Mode for Range Extender
3000 → EV_MENU_AVAILABLE set to: rex
Once enabled, under Settings in iDrive → Auto eDrive to enable REx manually (once battery is below 75%)

Disable Legal Disclaimers
3001→LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME set to: kein_ld
3001→MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER set to: kein_ld
3001→MACRO_NIVICAM_LDISCLAIMER set to: kein_ld

Change i-Drive Animation to ///M Logo
3001→STARTUP_EMBLEM set to: variant_01

KOMBI or BKOMBI Module:

Alter Range Extender activation battery capacity level:
3000 →SOC_HOLD_POSITION werte = hex value xx
Units are 0.5% -- default = 0C which is 6% ie. 18 = 12%
2015 BMW Tera World i3 w/REX Arravani Grey & Black Leather

i3Houston
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:31 am

Can BMW void the warranty should something goes wrong, down the road?
TM3 Reservation holder/ 2015 i3 Rex

gps1539
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 pm

gps1539 wrote:Hi did you find out how to "Unlock all doors with engine off (single pull handle)" ?


Answering my own question. Unlocking all doors doesn't need coding (which is why I couldn't find it). It is in the a regular settings, Settings > Doors/Unlock > Drivers Door | All Doors (or something like that).

i3Houston
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 am

redred wrote:A lot easier than I expected it to be. I bought the Vgate Wifi Car2 and Bimmercode. I used a document i found online that showed a list of all the things I could code and wrote down 9 items I wanted to do:

1. Removed the welcome gongs
2. Seatbelt reminder/Sound off for driver
3. Unlock all doors with engine off (single pull handle)
4. Electronics off when door opened
5. Enable Exterior Door handle LED's in Reverse
6. Enable Hold Mode for Range Extender
7. Disable Legal Disclaimers
8. Change i-Drive Animation ///M Logo
9. Alter Range Extender activation to 15%

Out of those 9 items, 8 work flawlessly. The "Alter Range Extender activation to 15%" didn't seem to have any effect. I've been reading through threads on this forum about this and it appears that this is a common issue and that this coding doesn't work through Bimmercode?

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks!


Have you tried increasing Fuel tank capacity? Did that work for you. In my 2015 i3 both battery and rex range is showing the same range even after increasing the fuel tank capacity via bimmercode easy mode and it has been two weeks.

I was hoping to see 10-20% increase in Rex range over battery.
TM3 Reservation holder/ 2015 i3 Rex

redred
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:36 pm

i3Houston wrote:
Have you tried increasing Fuel tank capacity? Did that work for you. In my 2015 i3 both battery and rex range is showing the same range even after increasing the fuel tank capacity via bimmercode easy mode and it has been two weeks.

I was hoping to see 10-20% increase in Rex range over battery.


My car was already coded for that. I typically see over 100mile range available when the tank is full (although I never actually get that range). Plus I've run the tank down to empty and filled it with 2.38 gallons of fuel so I know it's using the entire amount available.
2015 BMW Tera World i3 w/REX Arravani Grey & Black Leather

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”