Bimmercode "Coding data update failed"

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps1539

I installed bimmercode on my andriod MotoG5s+ phone (running 8.1) and it stated there in an update to coding data. When I try to update it repeatably fails with "Coding data update failed" after downloading for a few minutes.

I have not unlocked coding yet, is the error because I haven't unlocked, a bug or incompatibility with my phone? I'm trying figure out what causes the error but I pay to unlock.
Thanks in advance.

I run mine on iOS, but have not had that issue.

My suggestion would be to delete the program, then go back to the app store and reload it...it should be the latest version, then see what happens. From what I understand, there are some subtle differences in the way the programs save backup data between the Android and iOS versions.

gps1539 said:
I have not unlocked coding yet, is the error because I haven't unlocked, a bug or incompatibility with my phone? I'm trying figure out what causes the error but I pay to unlock.
This error is almost certainly due to the fact that you have not payed the developer to enable saving coding changes that you have made.

Pay the developer and coding will almost certainly succeed. Of course, your phone would need to be connected to the Internet and not to the OBD dongle (assuming that you have a WiFi dongle) for payment to succeed.

The update went through correctly today, without unlocking or reinstalling.
I've unlocked and will try to code my i3.
Thanks for the replies

Back