Current lease deals?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt1

When I leased my i3 two years ago, the deals discussion was lively and helped me quite a lot. I will have to return mine in a month or two- the mileage will run out before the time- and I'd love to lease another one. Are the any opportunities?

I just leased a 2018 i3 BEV, loaded with every option except 20" wheels. Was sitting on the lot at BMW of Dallas for a couple months, and it was end of the month so was able to negotiate a little harder. 6 other dealers in Houston/Austin/Dallas wouldn't even talk with me about a discount over 5%, and offered at least $2k less on my trade-in (Dallas BMW gave me $17.5k, which paid off my loan on that and reduced taxes on the i3. TX charges 6.25% taxes on full sales price).

#s:
36 month, 10k per year lease, $0 down (only 1st month lease payment due at signing)
MSRP $54,145 (incl destination)
Dealer discount $4,230 (7.8%)
Incentives (reduced cap cost): $7500 fed tax credit, $2000 BMW loyalty, $1000 OL code for entering BMW trip contest
MF: 0.00186 (got screwed a little on this should have been 0.00166, but they wouldn't budge. Net effect is ~$10/mnth)
RV: 58% ($31,404)
Docs $350
Monthly to BMW Finance: $440
cash back after sale: $2500 from TX Environmental incentive, $1000 from BMWCCA (cost $135 for 3 yr membership to qualify)
effective lease cost: $346/mnth, zero down

Thanks for sharing your numbers. I currently pay $185, doubling the payment will be hard to digest...

Weird, I found that dealers have no interest in selling me an i3. I told them that my lease would be over soon, so they knew I didn't come to kick tires. The lease manager at my closest dealer and the guy who sold me my i3 didn't return the calls.

Back