What kind of cell phone mount do you use while driving

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronmamaci3

Even though I have updated maps I prefer to use Android auto. Any suggestions.on what kind of cell phone mount I should use. Not a fan of blocking air vents or sticky adhesive on the dash.

i use wireless charging one , and suction is under the dash board near the 12 volt socket . the cold air keeps the phone cool , which other wise will get hot with use and charge together.

We leave our cell phone in our pocket. No reason to attach it to the dash, everything of the phone can be used by the i3 electronic system and dashboard.

This one seems like a clean solution and has a i3 specific one
https://joli.design/

Will probably order one and give it a try. Not sure if it lets you control the angle of the phone though

I use a Proclips base, with a nite ize steelie phone mount on it. The steelie ball mount is what I had in my last car, just glue'd to the dash (comes with 3m adhesive pads) - but found no good place for it in the i3, until I came across the Proclips base mount. The iPhone attaches to the steelie with a small strong magnetic socket that is glued on the back of my Otterbox phone case, with a 3m adhesive patch. Both steelie and socket are easily removable - leaving no marks, and can be re-glued with replacement 3m patches. I have moved the socket to three different phones, and the steelie has moved two cars.

View attachment Proclips.jpg

I am using Wolfpack's Universal phone mount which is adjust to fit my phone. perfect for phone used with a case. If you need universal phone mount for your car then buy today at best price.

I just stand my Galaxy Note in one of the cup holders. It is a big phone and it stands at just the right angle to see the screen. I can't see any reason for a phone holder.

Back