Anyone know how to clean factory floor mats

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottybm

I purchased a 2015 Rex and he floor mats need some cleaning.
These are not carpet. They look like carpet but have some type of silicone overlay over them. I have tried many types of cleaning and not sure what else to try other then purchasing a new set. To me they just seem like an eye sore when opening the doors of my car now. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

i3carpet.jpg

Bmwi3.jpg

Our floor mats were stained far worse than yours. Cleaned them to look like new. Used ceramic stovetop cleaner. Comet/Dutch Cleanser worked equally well .

I've tried comet, sandpaper, rubbing compound all kinds of stuff and I still can't get this thing clean. If I can get it clean then maybe I'll buy a new set but I hate to waste the money on a new set if I am unable to clean it. Next I'm going to try some bleach and let it soak in and leave it in the sun for a while to see if it'll help.

I was able to clean mine with something similar to 409 cleaner. It was some enzymatic cleaner I bought at a warehouse club. While there isn't much pile, it is still considered carpeting. A good carpet cleaner might also work, but I've not tried it. Lots of clean towels or paper towels help to absorb the dirt once you've loosened it up.

The ones pictured aren't carpet - they're the plastic/rubber "all weather" mats. You can try a bleach spray. Unfortunately, stains can get deep in to the clear rubber coating, which can be nigh-impossible to remove.

Back