Scottybm

Anyone know how to clean factory floor mats

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 am

I purchased a 2015 Rex and he floor mats need some cleaning.
These are not carpet. They look like carpet but have some type of silicone overlay over them. I have tried many types of cleaning and not sure what else to try other then purchasing a new set. To me they just seem like an eye sore when opening the doors of my car now. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by Scottybm on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TOEd

Re: Anyone know how to clean factory floor mats

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Our floor mats were stained far worse than yours. Cleaned them to look like new. Used ceramic stovetop cleaner. Comet/Dutch Cleanser worked equally well .

Scottybm

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:56 pm

I've tried comet, sandpaper, rubbing compound all kinds of stuff and I still can't get this thing clean. If I can get it clean then maybe I'll buy a new set but I hate to waste the money on a new set if I am unable to clean it. Next I'm going to try some bleach and let it soak in and leave it in the sun for a while to see if it'll help.

jadnashuanh

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 pm

I was able to clean mine with something similar to 409 cleaner. It was some enzymatic cleaner I bought at a warehouse club. While there isn't much pile, it is still considered carpeting. A good carpet cleaner might also work, but I've not tried it. Lots of clean towels or paper towels help to absorb the dirt once you've loosened it up.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV

CharonPDX

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:58 pm

The ones pictured aren't carpet - they're the plastic/rubber "all weather" mats. You can try a bleach spray. Unfortunately, stains can get deep in to the clear rubber coating, which can be nigh-impossible to remove.

Return to “Suggestions for BMW”