Service manual

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Law12855

Apologies as I’m sure this has been covered already... but I’m not having much luck finding a service and repair manual for the i3. I assume its because there is very little work being done outside of dealer service. What are people using as a resource? Ive found a pdf specifically for the rex motor but nothing else. Thanks for any help!

alohart said:

Wow this is super helpful and informative, does anyone have a way to controll the battery cooling system/ or where to get a dealer scan tool? Thank you.

There are scan tools that understand the BMW specific codes. Foxwell makes some and ECSTUNING sells their rebranded one that is sometimes on sale.

Unfortunately, there are no repair manuals for BMW's anymore. BMW uses a computer-based online Technical Information System. Dealers pay a subscription fee - several thousand dollars a year - for it (only available to BMW Dealers). At the dealer service shop the car is connected to a BMW Service computer via the ODB port, and the TIS software (ISTA+) reads stored error codes/vehicle information and communicates with the BMW TIS mainframe in Germany to provide diagnostics and repair steps for the BMW technician .

Back