i3Houston

Re: Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am

redred wrote:
i3Houston wrote:
Have you tried increasing Fuel tank capacity? Did that work for you. In my 2015 i3 both battery and rex range is showing the same range even after increasing the fuel tank capacity via bimmercode easy mode and it has been two weeks.

I was hoping to see 10-20% increase in Rex range over battery.

My car was already coded for that. I typically see over 100mile range available when the tank is full (although I never actually get that range). Plus I've run the tank down to empty and filled it with 2.38 gallons of fuel so I know it's using the entire amount available.

okay! thanks.
TM3 Reservation holder/ 2015 i3 Rex

gps1539

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:20 am

Has anyone successfully changed the SOC activation level? I set mine to 4% using bimmercode, but it came on this morning at 8%. Oddly 8% is not the default as I understand it. Maybe it starts early to hold SOC at 6%?

I see the following earlier in the thread.

Alter Range Extender activation battery capacity level:
3000 →SOC_HOLD_POSITION werte = hex value xx
Units are 0.5% -- default = 0C which is 6% ie. 18 = 12%

Does the above work?

tjburbach

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:09 pm

It seems like the different model years and software levels vary the REX engagement point slightly. I haven't seen any good documentation to pin it down the exact value.

As far as I know, no one has been able to change the point at which the REX starts automatically using BimmerCode (the mark on the screen moves but the REX does not start). Odds are the setting is coded in the firmware loaded in the control system and not exposed as an option to be easily changed.

gps1539

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks, I just emailed the bimmercode dev, but it seems that the setting is ignored, apart from moving the arrow on the display.

In my case I tried to delay when it comes on to 4%, but it seems to be hard coded at 8%.

Cobra75007

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:31 am

, Just curious did anyone answer the question regarding voiding your warranty by using BimmerCode?

nickp

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am

Cobra75007 wrote:, Just curious did anyone answer the question regarding voiding your warranty by using BimmerCode?

By no means am I an expert on this subject but I feel all that the dealer will do is reset the software back to factory specs. I wonder if the Bimmercode app will do that 'reset' for us.

gps1539

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 pm

gps1539 wrote:Thanks, I just emailed the bimmercode dev, but it seems that the setting is ignored, apart from moving the arrow on the display.

In my case I tried to delay when it comes on to 4%, but it seems to be hard coded at 8%.

The bimmercode dev confirmed that this setting no longer appears to not be changeable.

alohart

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:58 pm

nickp wrote:By no means am I an expert on this subject but I feel all that the dealer will do is reset the software back to factory specs. I wonder if the Bimmercode app will do that 'reset' for us.

There's no single BimmerCode reset command. However, the parameter values of each module are backed up, so one could restore the parameter values for each module by choosing the backups that were saved just prior to the most recent system software update or the original backups if no system software updates have been performed.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

nickp

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am

alohart wrote:
nickp wrote:By no means am I an expert on this subject but I feel all that the dealer will do is reset the software back to factory specs. I wonder if the Bimmercode app will do that 'reset' for us.

There's no single BimmerCode reset command. However, the parameter values of each module are backed up, so one could restore the parameter values for each module by choosing the backups that were saved just prior to the most recent system software update or the original backups if no system software updates have been performed.

Thanks!

Cobra75007

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Yes. I did see where it said that it does a backup. Thanks!

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”