Just coded my "new to me" i3/Rex with Bimmercode

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe i have also disabled all the below 1,2.

But when i put car in neutral and get out of the car, and am trying to get my kid out( with the car front door open) i keep getting the dong dong sound. It says 'accessories still active'.
How can i turn off this audio. Turn off (Dong Dong) , for Door open to get out passengers.

redred said:
A lot easier than I expected it to be. I bought the Vgate Wifi Car2 and Bimmercode. I used a document i found online that showed a list of all the things I could code and wrote down 9 items I wanted to do:

1. Removed the welcome gongs
2. Seatbelt reminder/Sound off for driver
3. Unlock all doors with engine off (single pull handle)
4. Electronics off when door opened
5. Enable Exterior Door handle LED's in Reverse
6. Enable Hold Mode for Range Extender
7. Disable Legal Disclaimers
8. Change i-Drive Animation ///M Logo
9. Alter Range Extender activation to 15%

Out of those 9 items, 8 work flawlessly. The "Alter Range Extender activation to 15%" didn't seem to have any effect. I've been reading through threads on this forum about this and it appears that this is a common issue and that this coding doesn't work through Bimmercode?

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks!

IF you want to shut the car off completely, hit the start stop button a second time. Otherwise, it will keep a good portion of the functionality operational until it times out or you lock the vehicle.

does anyone know if the blutooth OBDII device from BlueDriver will work with bimmercode.....I already have it, emailed bimmercode but so far no response.....
Chomping at the bit to recode my i3 REX for all the obvious reasons....:)
Dan

If when you pair it with the device running the app, it will only take a moment to see if they talk properly. The only thing I can think of is that the data transfer rate using BT would be a lot slower than with Wi-Fi.

thanks, I did not want to take the chance of bricking the car......probably will try it this morning.....
I tried using Blue Driver with my Volt,,,,,and suddenly the main ecu had to be replaced, luckily under warranty.....
Dan

Back