Effect of preconditioning on range?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dew is one thing, condensation on the interior is another. But, preconditioning should turn any frost liquid if it runs the full cycle. It does on mine here in NH, anyways.

CharonPDX said:
I've tried HVAC on AUTO, and manually turning it to just the window defogger before shutting it off. No matter how long it preconditions before I get out to it, the windows are still very fogged up. I get in, manually push the front window defog/defrost button, and it's defogged within a minute.

You have to code the i3 to have it remember the last HVAC setting when it next starts.

IHKA Module
HVAC System Remembers Last Setting
3000 -> OFF_MEMORY -> set to aktiv-werte=01

mbwelch said:
CharonPDX said:
I've tried HVAC on AUTO, and manually turning it to just the window defogger before shutting it off. No matter how long it preconditions before I get out to it, the windows are still very fogged up. I get in, manually push the front window defog/defrost button, and it's defogged within a minute.

You have to code the i3 to have it remember the last HVAC setting when it next starts.

IHKA Module
HVAC System Remembers Last Setting
3000 -> OFF_MEMORY -> set to aktiv-werte=01

Excellent, thanks!

Back