CPO coverage changes, Maintenance etc. Should I be worried?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickp

From what I recently read on a link posted here, BMW will not maintain the I3 from now on? i.e. oil changes etc? I am a bit worried because I'd hate to take the car to BMW to get an oil change for $200 which should cost be maybe $50.
I am in the Los Angeles area and would love to know if there are any independent shops that will service this car. At this rate I am worried if BMW will even honor their damn warranty they give on a CPO! :roll:

Not all used BMWs are sold with a CPO warranty. The issue on the original warranty on the car is that the factory warranty is transferred, but the free service in not. A CPO essentially adds that back in, based on the terms of the warranty as sold. IOW, read your contract.

jadnashuanh said:
Not all used BMWs are sold with a CPO warranty. The issue on the original warranty on the car is that the factory warranty is transferred, but the free service in not. A CPO essentially adds that back in, based on the terms of the warranty as sold. IOW, read your contract.

Yes mine is a CPO purchased from a BMW dealer. However, anything free or gratuitous is at the mercy of the company giving you the said gift. No matter what your contract says. Warranty on bad parts is something they have to honor. Promising you something free is something they do not have to honor. Is it bad business practice? Maybe, but it's within their rights.

Back