Just got a CPO 2015 Giga REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldDirtySpartan

Well I finally made this switch from a reliable ICE mobile (2013 Honda Accord V6) to an EV. I started searching for EVs to save on my commute and as soon as I saw the i3 I knew it was the only option. Then I drove one and holy crap was my mind blown. The interior, the ride, the tech, it was just so much better than my Accord that was only 2 years older. I got an awesome deal on mine with 24k miles on the clock and Solar Orange, tech package, parking assist, ACC, Giga.
First day of commuting tomorrow. Adaptive cruise control is a game changer!
Looking forward to being an active member in the i3 community.

Cheers

Congrats. You'll love it. You might want to consider getting the bimmercode app (with associated connectors) so you can program hold state of charge. And the plug share app also.

Congrats on the new car. I have the same exact car minus the auto cruise feature. You will love this car. Code it and you're golden. :D

Thanks all! Ive been driving it every chance I get and I love it. I'm completely impressed with the REx.
Just took the wife and kids up to Discovery Bay for a bday party and they also loved the car.

Bimmercode app already installed. Will my kiwi 2 work with it? I mean it's a bluetooth OBD2 reader so I think I'm good.

Question, can I turn down the volume of the lock/unlock beeps? I found the on/off option but want it on but quieter.

Cheers

I wasn't able to find a volume adjustment either, so turned off the lock sound. The marker lights still blink, so I know when I lock or unlock it.

I've not looked in the coding to see if there's an adjustment, but much prefer to turn it off entirely. I also am looking out for my neighbors...since I have comfort access, I never pull the remote out anyway, so can both see and hear the lights and the locks activating. IMHO, the lights flashing is enough indication. There's a city ordinance where I live that makes unnecessary use of the car horn a (rarely enforced) offense.

Back