new to me 2015 i3 rex. with rookie cruise control questions.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renn20

Hi,

Very happy to be an i3 owner. Have the car for 7 days now. And totally loving it. Really changed the way I drive. In a good way. Still learning how to use all the features on the car. This forum has been great resource for my research before buying to car. thanks.

One thing has been bugging me is that the Cruise Control button(lower left button) isn't working from time to time. like today, nothing comes on by pressing it. I can however still activate normal cruise control by holding the "increase distance(lower right)" button then switch to ACC mode by pressing "decrease distance(upper right)" button. So I know the camera is working and will allow ACC.

It's just the cruise control button(lower left button) doesn't do anything at all from time to time. It would work normally for a day, then the next day it's completely unresponsive.

Could this be a defected button? I need to have dealer to fix? Please advise. ( also posted this on facebook group )

Edit: to make the post more clear. I am trying to use the lower left button to activate cruise control. It's not working sometimes.

That's not a common problem...I've not read about that being an issue on the forum. My guess is that it's probably defective and will require aid from the dealership. Don't confuse this with trying to activate the CC when your speed is below about 20mph...it won't engage, but you can still turn it on to standby.

Back