Grill color / Grill change

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashvegasr

I have a 2015 i3 REX (Arravani Grey). It has the blue front hood grill accent. I noticed an i3 in a parking lot the other day w a grill that was black on the silver portion, instead of the blue. I think it was newer ?

Anyone know if this is interchangeable? Can I just buy the grilles that have the black inside the silver, and swap? Or did they change the shape or mounting of the grill with the facelift? I'm hoping to lose all the blue accents on my car.

I have the same year, model and colour and really like it.

I just put my winter wheels one and they are all black which changes the look completely.

The non-blue accents appear to come from the i3s models. Easy way to tell if it an "S" is the black fender flares.

If you want to delete the blue under the doors, perhaps an automotive wrap material can be used to cover it.

If the big blue rear hatch emblem needs to be changed be very careful as the hatch is glass. Google the "bmw i3 hatch damage" and you will see what I am referring to.

The grill surround is two pieces, the silver
piece , and the blue liner are held together with clips. Easy enough to take the grill off (held on with torx screws - 3 on the lower edge, 1 top center, and some adhesive). Then take apart, spray paint or plastic-tape the blue liner piece.

Back