BMW remote app not working

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaely007

Hi. The app hasn’t been working for me in Canada for the past two days. Has anyone else been experiencing an issue? :?

I called BMW I# tech support and they said the system had a problem at their end and would be fixed
in 24 hrs or less. So this morning it was back to the way it was & I also am in BC Canada.

A new version of the BMW i Remote app arrived as an update. This is what BMW Canada still uses. The synopsis says that there are numerous bug fixes.

Starting the app now gives a splash screen that says to use the "all-new BMW Connected app" and gives a link to the Google Play Store.

Clicking on the link show the Connected app, but also "This item isn't available in your country".

Sigh. Nicely done BMW.

The app is not working for me in the past week now. Can’t precondition the car.
I know this post is old but anyone has been experiencing issues now in 2019?

Mine has been working fine, The website, The new connected iPhone app and the iRemote app. Mind you, My car is still setup in in California but the car lives in BC. Next year I will transfer my subscription to Canada when the original US subscription expires.

Yaely007 said:

I’ve had more issues with the newer BMW Connected app than with the older iRemote app. The older app seems more reliable and is able to communicate with my i3 more consistently than the newer app. For example the newer app won’t update the charging status or the soc. In the iRemote app it does.

The iRemote app hasn’t been optimized for iPhone X and looks outdated too. Not a big deal but frustrating.

... same issue here - App won't update, usually a day or two out of date with what info it displays. Right now telling me my car is parked across town at a relatives house, with 28% charge. Except it has been sitting in my garage, plugged in and fully charged since last night. :oops:

The newer connected app does seem to be a bit slow in updating the current SOC and Range. It does eventually catch up if there was usage from the last time I checked it. Otherwise the "last updated" info will show as old. The old remote app is quite a bit quicker to update.

If the signal from the car is blocked by a structure, I can see how the info would remain with the last update. MKH, have you tried leaving it outside and checking the app to see if the details are more current?

have you tried leaving it outside and checking the app to see if the details are more current?
Seems to make no difference - and this is something that started the last several weeks. Before that, updates were pretty much real-time. Right now the car is parked outside, with the "Last Ride" showing 10:55 am, but the car was actually driven twice since then,

tman66 said:
Yaely007 said:

I’ve had more issues with the newer BMW Connected app than with the older iRemote app. The older app seems more reliable and is able to communicate with my i3 more consistently than the newer app. For example the newer app won’t update the charging status or the soc. In the iRemote app it does.

The iRemote app hasn’t been optimized for iPhone X and looks outdated too. Not a big deal but frustrating.

At the moment I really want to precondition my car to have it nice and warm. I always get a failed error message. So annoying

Yaely007 said:
At the moment I really want to precondition my car to have it nice and warm. I always get a failed error message. So annoying
My car sits in an area with marginal cellular coverage most of the time. But, when I get that error, I've found that if I restart my phone, it usually works. It doesn't hurt to try. Way back when, there were some issues software issues with the server, and sometimes, the module in the car got hung up. That aspect was fixed with a s/w update years ago, though.

I've found that if I restart my phone, it usually works

Tried that, no change. Both before and after phone restart just now, App says last update was 4:14 pm yesterday, and it has been driven once since then. Says Last Ride was at 11:25 AM yesterday, and it was driven at around 5:00 PM yesterday, Not sure what cell service BMW uses, by my AT&T iPhone shows full-bars in the garage where the car is parked. We are half--block from a 10 story bank building the top of which is bristling with multiple cell antenna.

Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App just now. Zero change.

Logging on to the connect-drive site via computer - same outdated info.

MKH said:
Not sure what cell service BMW uses, by my AT&T iPhone shows full-bars in the garage where the car is parked. We are half--block from a 10 story bank building the top of which is bristling with multiple cell antenna.

Logging on to the connect-drive site via computer - same outdated info.

It may not be the actual carrier but more about what is in the car. I am sure that the older systems are making way for the newer faster LTE type services. I tried the unlock feature the other day and it took about 2 minutes to connect to the car and perform the task. Certainly not as fast as Onstar. I have to consider that the car is registered in the US so there may be a delay communicating with the various servers and then the final server that contains the specifics about the car and the authentication etc...

I am using version 10.0.2.1362 connected app for iPhone and it has always displayed the latest trip info. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to update but I have to move around the app and check other functions before it does. The iRemote app sends an update request as soon as you log into it. Maybe that's what the connected app needs to do?

Logging on to the connect-drive site via computer - same outdated info.[/quote]

The iremote app is not on the AppStore anymore. Have they discontinued it?
I only can see the bmw connected app.
Strange

BMW stopped supporting and updating the iremote app awhile ago.[/quote]

I downloaded bmw connected and at the end of registration it sends a code to my car’s messages but I get it only after 3-4 days and by that time it expired.
Has anyone experienced the same?

Back