headlight conversion RHD to LHD

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JurgT

Hi everybody,
I have recently relocated from SouthAfrica back to my homeland in Switzerland and have brought along my beloved BMW i3 that I run virtually only on SA sunshine...! Of course in Europe it will be different, less sun and much colder, fog, clouds, but....surely different!
I now have a problem with my headlights as I will be riding in different traffic (on the wrong side of the road)!
Does anyone know how to solve this, with the stickers that BMW recommend, I cant get used to it, after all I have left Africa...(I'm now sought.... in civilised modern Europe?)
I now have purchased some headlamp assemblies on ebay from Germany, hoping they will do the job, but noticed the fixing points on most of the offered ones are damaged. (no big deal, can be fixed). But when now I want to remove the existing ones, I would like to do it without damage....is there anyone that can give me a tip? I believe, the removal of the bumper is a first.....
Or is there a British/Irish i3 owner that wants to go live on the continent and wants to swop hes/hers headlamps? :? :shock: :?

Hi aloha,

Thanks very much for your answer, I have gone to the site and found it to be very useful.
So I will try it and feel a lot safer.
Best Regards
Jürg

Hey JurgT!

Could you please share with us how's your conversion going?

I'm afraid I would have to go through the same ordeal soon.

Back