Cargo Liners?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RostHaus said:
Does any other company make something like this?
Umm … BMW.

I bought an i3 Function Cover from our BMW dealer using the accessories discount that was included with the purchase of our i3. It covers the backs of both back seats regardless of whether they're up or folded down, it has enough length to protect the bumper top, and it can be used as a waterproof picnic blanket, etc. It's always installed in our i3.

Unfortunately, I shut the hatch on it accidentally which poked a small hole in it :x Otherwise, after over 4 years of usage, it's still in great condition.

I had a rubber/all season mat out of a Volvo V70 III wagon. It has a fold about halfway down it (weird design feature), that turned out to be really useful, as it normally will cover all of the carpeted area in the trunk, and if I fold the seats down, I can un-hinge the rubber mat to cover the seat back. I wish it was just slightly longer, as it does not cover the black plastic back of the trunk, just the carpeted area, though for it being OEM (of another brand), it fit surprisingly well. As the i3 is narrower than a V70, I cut about an inch and a quarter off of each side.

alohart said:
RostHaus said:
Does any other company make something like this?
Umm … BMW.

I bought an i3 Function Cover from our BMW dealer using the accessories discount that was included with the purchase of our i3. It covers the backs of both back seats regardless of whether they're up or folded down, it has enough length to protect the bumper top, and it can be used as a waterproof picnic blanket, etc. It's always installed in our i3.

Unfortunately, I shut the hatch on it accidentally which poked a small hole in it :x Otherwise, after over 4 years of usage, it's still in great condition.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.
I've had the i3 for only about a 2 weeks. The BMW dealer I bought it from didn't know that cover existed when I asked if there was something similar to the OEM one in my allroad.

TheMK said:
I had a rubber/all season mat out of a Volvo V70 III wagon. It has a fold about halfway down it (weird design feature), that turned out to be really useful, as it normally will cover all of the carpeted area in the trunk, and if I fold the seats down, I can un-hinge the rubber mat to cover the seat back. I wish it was just slightly longer, as it does not cover the black plastic back of the trunk, just the carpeted area, though for it being OEM (of another brand), it fit surprisingly well. As the i3 is narrower than a V70, I cut about an inch and a quarter off of each side.

Thanks for the tip, I may need to see how the rubber cargo mats in my allroad fit in i3.

I'm going to try one from Rhino UK (not the same as Rhino US)

I'll post a review but it will be a while before I get it. They are made to order. I won't even have my i3 for a few more weeks.

I purchased the WeatherTech cargo mat. Waterproof, lightweight, excellent fit, easy to remove and clean. I got the light grey color which makes it a bit easier to see things in the black interior. The only negative is that it does not protect the seat backs when they are folded down. Still, highly recommended:

https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2014/i3/cargo-liner/

How werd - in the edit screen, the posting below has info an links to BOTH covers, yet when posted only the first half of the post shows - go back to edit, and the whole post shows???

BMW makes two OEM cargo area covers for the i3.
1. the BMW i3 Function cover.
2. The BMW i3 Trunk Mat (and folding container)

As Aloha Art posted above - the BMW i3 function cove protects both the seat backs and cargo area, seats up or down, including protecting the top of the bumper when loading.

https://www.amazon.com/BMW-i-Function-Cover/dp/B00LT0HJTA

And the BMW i3 cargo cover - which also folds up (using a built-in draw-string) to also make a shallow cargo box. When unfolded and flat, it exactly fits and covers the i3 cargo area.

https://www.amazon.com/BMW-TRUNK-MAT-FOLDING-CONTAINER/dp/B00Q3DKP4O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2VW4D9K49G6QK4XS0C3

2nd half of "missing" post above..

And the BMW i3 cargo cover - which also folds up (using a built-in draw-string) to also make a shallow cargo box. When unfolded and flat, it exactly fits and covers the i3 cargo area.

https://www.amazon.com/BMW-TRUNK-MAT-FOLDING-CONTAINER/dp/B00Q3DKP4O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2VW4D9K49G6QK4XS0C3

Back