Bimmercode options to enhance safety

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

It looks like bimmercode app keeps adding features.

I was thinking of enabling the Rear Daytime running lights. Does anyone think , its not a good idea ?
I think , They should last the life of the car and consume little energy ?

Also the Brake Force Display sounds like a good thing ? Should we enable it in US ?
The setting Area enlargement , i guess will make additional brake lights in bumper turn on ?
: Brake Force Display type
The type of the Brake Force Display. The Brake Force Display is activated during hard braking to warn the following traffic.

Values:
<br>Area enlargement</br>
Flashing

Comment , what you think.....

I thought the “brake force display” made the normal brake lights flash very quickly to warn following traffic, that’s how it works on MB and BMW over here.

I coded my tail lights to come on with DRLs. I feel this should be standard on all cars along with front DRLs. Especially for the idiots who don't turn on their headlights at night (assuming the DRLs are the headlights I guess) and thus have no rear lights.

I have my rear parking lights come on all the time. I also turned up my front DRL's to 100%. I would love to have some fog lights as well but the holes that should house the fog lights are busy with the high beams and tun signals.

The newer front bumper looks like they finally got it right!

I really don't understand why BMW doesn't just make the switch with rear fog lights standard across the line. The cable harness is identical, and the lights are already in the rear panel. To function, with the right switch, it's just a software setup thing. I don't know why they required a software tweak to get them to work on the i3, as my other car, all I had to do was swap the light switch panel out and it worked.

I am pretty religious about only turning the fog lights on when it's useful, but I guess I do see more than a few people that leave them on all the time, and that is annoying. Driver training in NA isn't that great, which may be the reason.

Back