ePower metre faulty?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilks099

Hello, I've just collected a 65 plate i3 REX and I'm loving it, everything has been fine for the majority of my time with the car and its so much fun to drive. However, tonight on the way home the ePower guage shifts all the way to the left (charging) when driving but returns to the middle when the car stops. Its never done this before and usually works as normal showing epower when driving and then swings over to charging when you lift off the accelerator. Is this a fault or have I pressed something? The REX isn't on as I've checked that.

Thanks for any help

There have been credible reports that sometimes the vehicle controllers fail to boot up in time and working. If the problem returns after a power-ON, reset, let us know?

Trouble shooting a transient problem can lead to a lot of wasted time ... not that I am implying anything. We can help on reproducible problems.

Bob Wilson

wilks099 said:
However, tonight on the way home the ePower guage shifts all the way to the left (charging) when driving but returns to the middle when the car stops.
Others have reported this anomaly as well, so it is likely due to a bug in the software that controls the ePower gauge. As far as I know, this is not a reproducible problem, so it would be difficult to demonstrate it to a BMW mechanic.

Back