U.S. Production Numbers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank everyone for the good information provided above. I called the BMW Concierge line this morning to learn that my vehicle is delayed by one month, so that instead of production this month it will be near the end of May. Ugh. I was also informed that it will likely take close to six weeks to ship the vehicle to the West coast. So, I am now looking at a late June or early July delivery. Disappointing but perhaps to be expected with a product as new and innovative as the i3. Thanks again everyone.

Does anyone know if you can find out the status of your car by calling the number, but without a production number? I have an order in the bank but no production number as of yet. Thanks!

vmSeattle said:
Got on the list from BMW of Bellevue last year. Order entered in late Jan/early Feb. I got my VIN last week and the car entered production on April 14.

How long did it take to go from Apr14 to finished?

jgetz said:
Just heard from my dealer this afternoon that my production date has been bumped back to June! Guess all the stories about lengthy delays are true.

Delayed again today. My bad for ordering every option EXCEPT the REx (That was the only option I didn't get), as my dealer confirmed what Tom said early on . All initial deliveries are REx only. One more delay and I'll have to cancel my order. :?

I placed an order for a launch edition REX in mid February. My i3 will be one in the initial batch ordered by my California dealer, and promised for delivery in May. I just called BMW to find the status of my car and they said the production date is still 'pending/not entered'. I wonder if they are placing all the REX ordered from California dealers on hold because of the whole REX sticker fiasco in the state...

stefanweitz said:
vmSeattle said:
Got on the list from BMW of Bellevue last year. Order entered in late Jan/early Feb. I got my VIN last week and the car entered production on April 14.

How long did it take to go from Apr14 to finished?

My i3 entered production on April 14. As of today, April 23, it still shows as being in production. As was mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the website can be up to 2 days behind tho.

I'd post a screenshot of the status page, but can't figure out how to attach an image to a forum post outside of giving a URL link. If someone knows how, please PM me.

Gonville said:
scottlawrencelawson said:
We took your excellent guide and constructed our "probable" VIN! With all the info and links we came up with: WBA1Z2306EV607142. The sad thing for us, is it is not in production quite yet so this is our predicted VIN. :lol:

It is like a puzzle!

Just a little revision. I think yours might be this if it is a Launch BEV:-

WBY1Z2C5XEV607142

Tom has done a better blog on this today.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/04/23/track-bmw-i3-order-delivery/

vmSeattle said:

Lucky :) I got on the list from BMW of Bellevue last October, order entered Feb 6th - BMWi concierge tells me the original date was week of March 23rd, and it's now more like May 15th or so.

My dealer in Tacoma is going to be sooo tired of me by the time this is all over! I have my order placed but no production number yet.

Do I really just have to be pt and wait? If there was a way to check and order number, I could look every day and say "nope, no production number yet!" Instead of just annoying my dealer!
Oh well.

vmSeattle said:

April 29 and still no change in status. It's still being manufactured. What's the phone number you can call again for better status updates versus the website?

vmSeattle said:
vmSeattle said:

April 29 and still no change in status. It's still being manufactured. What's the phone number you can call again for better status updates versus the website?

Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 9pm EST.
Phone: 855.236.1025
Email: [email protected]

My i3 Rex has finished production today April 30 per the bmwusa website. It entered production April 14. Ordered in mid-Feb in CA. Another 6-8 weeks to go for shipment before taking delivery. Production #xxx8630.

Can I call and get an update if I don't have a production number yet?

How long does it take to get one?

pokiri said:
vmSeattle said:
vmSeattle said:

Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 9pm EST.
Phone: 855.236.1025
Email: [email protected]

I just called and my i3 exited the factory yesterday on Monday, April 29. Looks like it took two weeks (Monday 4/14 - Monday 4/29) to manufacture the car, just like Tom M. said.

Woooohoooooooo, I got my production number on Saturday: 06025xx. I am now at status 111 as production is drawing near! My order is a Solar Orange REX with heated seats and tech package. Trying to decide between Mega and Giga, to Harman Kardon or not to HK....

Production #0609031 Boston Ma, thought I was an early buyer. Looks like others have sooner production numbers. My problem is the dealer told me it was one of the limited and had to buy loaded and could not choose my color. Does this sound right??? Doesn't look like even going to see this car until July...... :twisted:

fish888 said:
My i3 Rex has finished production today April 30 per the bmwusa website. It entered production April 14. Ordered in mid-Feb in CA. Another 6-8 weeks to go for shipment before taking delivery. Production #xxx8630.

I thought the PROD numbers were sequential? I have #0607124 and mine is still in stage one on the website "they received my order. :cry:

The production number does not appear to reflect the the production slot sequence. Perhaps BMW is manufacturing batches of similar configurations (?). The one I ordered is the launch package REX (Tera, HK Stereo, Navi, parking, etc.) - the only choice I had was the color.

BTW, the bmwusa site now shows the car "en route" as of 5/13, so it should appear in Port Hueneme CA in early June. If so, it would be ~ 4 months from deposit to delivery.

I don't think the production number is sequential - ie the lower the production number the earlier the production :?, but I could be wrong.

I was able to select any color and option at my dealer, modifiable up until the start of production. It's not an LE (Launch Edition) or EE (Electronaut) i3, but rather the 1st (or one of the 1st) custom build slots.

Back