i3 delivered in San Diego !

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smharvey

So I picked up my i3 in Arravani Grey on Friday! Driving it around North County of San Diego. I'll post a few pictures and provide details for those of you waiting, like I was. I really love the car. It is just such a pleasure to drive. Getting about 4 mi/kWh on combined city and highway. Have yet to do long drive. My level 2 charge will install on Friday. Went with clipper Creek HCS-40.

Have the dc charger port so looking forward to trying it out soon. This is an electronaut edition so they throw in a few extras like the floor mats and the board bad to keep the tools in the front trunk clean.

We can get a stroller in the back and my daughter's car seat even fits right in the middle.

One cool feature is the cup holder. There is the built in, and movable one, but there are clips to attach the moveable to multiple positions, so you can actually have 4 cup holders (provided I guess you can buy the clip in cup holder).

One minor issue was the charger that came with car (Delphi). Mine would not charge the car. Even with the power at low setting in the setup. L2 charging at dealer was no problem. Dealer had to give new charger and then had to delete some production factor configuration in the computer. Now it is working great! So... if you find you can't charge. Have them try other charger and delete the production settings. My recommendation. Ask them to plug in the charger before you leave the dealer to make sure it charges on 120V.

More to come from me soon!
Sean

Back