Folding exterior mirrors

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryand

I thought the i3 had power-folding door mirrors (essential to get it into my garage). But I can't find any reference to how to activate this, and the word 'folding' doesn't appear anywhere in the owner's manual. So how do they work?

Still waiting for my i3 to get off the boat, but according to the on-line manual, below the rocker switch used to adjust the outside mirrors is one or two other buttons, depending on options. The right one is a left-right slide switch to determine which mirror gets adjusted by the rocker, and the left push button (nearly identical size to the left-right slide switch) is used to turn on/off the mirror fold-in function. If you don't have both buttons under the 4-way rocker, then you don't have the folding mirrors.

i3Alan said:
Still waiting for my i3 to get off the boat, but according to the on-line manual, below the rocker switch used to adjust the outside mirrors is one or two other buttons, depending on options. The right one is a left-right slide switch to determine which mirror gets adjusted by the rocker, and the left push button (nearly identical size to the left-right slide switch) is used to turn on/off the mirror fold-in function. If you don't have both buttons under the 4-way rocker, then you don't have the folding mirrors.
Thanks for that. In the PDF manual I have the extra button is shown, but not labelled. I'm in the UK, so folding should be standard.

Back