Cleaning eucalyptus wood dash

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought the BMW Pluscare product, which should arrive today. Is there a reason you don't want to use that product?

FYI, it's available for about half the price (after shipping) if you buy it from eBay, where some BMW dealer sells it for ~$14 with shipping included.

Searching the forum for tips for maintaining the Eucalyptus wood dash in my new-to-me 2014 i3/REX. The BMW PureCare product looks like a cleaner, which is ok. But I am wondering whether some type of oil would work better for maintaining the finish against the harsh rays of the sun? Maybe a Tung oil or Linseed oil? I wouldn't want to do something that would significantly change the color tone of the wood though. Anybody using any type of oil or sealer on their dash? Or if you are using the BMW PureCare product, does that appear to seal the wood as well as clean it?

I use the PureCare and it does seal and protect the wood. Label says it contains Sandalwood extracts, Beeswax, and Carnauba wax.

Back