Placed an order on Sept 20, timeline for delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkepTeach

As the title suggests, I placed an order for an i3s REx on Sept 20. I was told there were basically 4 custom build allocations remaining and was able to get one routed to my local dealership. At this point, I still haven't received a production number.

What timeline should I be expecting for delivery?

The lease on my current i3 REx is up on Nov 21 and I will not be extending the lease. I'm really hoping the new one is here by then by at this point I'm starting to be doubtful.

It depends...

If the dealership had an existing order for stock (not already sold), then up until the day or so before it is supposed to be built, they can change it to match your specs, and that could happen really quickly, only leaving the shipping delay and getting through customs. I'd guess that there's probably at least a ship a week coming to the states, but that's a guess.

If not, and it's a new order, it goes into the queue. No idea right now how long that is. My guess is that the model year change is near, and that's why the slots were limited. If you waited maybe a few weeks, you might get the next model year's version, but you'd have to contact with your dealer to actually get the details. Once you have the production number, you should be able to track the status.

Thanks for the replies. I have been in contact with my CA periodically over the past few weeks, but he hasn't gotten a production number yet. That's why I was asking here about possible timelines. I recently read about a recall that's affecting earlier production '19 i3 and i3s's, so I'm hoping that isn't delaying anything at the factory.

I ordered around 9/25 of last year, took delivery 11/10. The ship route is a big variable. I'm on the East Coast near the port. The ship stops at several Atlantic ports before going through Panama Canal to the Pacific. It may add a considerable time. You will be able to follow the ship with the online tracking tools to give you a better idea on the time of the arrival. After the car was unloaded it took a week to clear the customs and deliver it to the dealer.

I was surprised to see my name before I realized that the topic is 2 years old :) As it happens, I have another one on order since June 30st. I think I'll go to the dealer to get my deposit back, because at this point I don't think the car will be built.

gt1 said:
I was surprised to see my name before I realized that the topic is 2 years old :) As it happens, I have another one on order since June 30st. I think I'll go to the dealer to get my deposit back, because at this point I don't think the car will be built.

This is just BMW's foray into the NFT craze: you pay money for a deposit and you get a virtual token that REPRESENTS an i3. Hold on to it. It can only go up in value! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spam replies (track speedpack! :eek: ) have been sneaking into a few threads lately.

I haven't found a way to flag these so I ask either the mods or fellow members for a best practice here.

3pete said:
gt1 said:

This is just BMW's foray into the NFT craze: you pay money for a deposit and you get a virtual token that REPRESENTS an i3. Hold on to it. It can only go up in value! :lol: :lol: :lol:

To the moon! :lol:

Back