iPhone mirroring

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theodoros1

I have seen that i3 can mirror your iPhone and run on screen whatever you have in your iPhone app. However outside CarPlay which runs Certain apps I can’t find to mirror my iPhone to the car. Do I need a specific software for that ?

Not sure I'm fully understanding. Do you have Carplay in your i3? I don't know of any way to run your iPhone apps on your i3 head unit without a Carplay enabled head unit.

I have CarPlay however CarPlay allow only specific apps to run like music messages etc. it can’t run for example the explorer.

Theodoros1 said:
I have CarPlay however CarPlay allow only specific apps to run like music messages etc. it can’t run for example the explorer.

Pretty sure the app developer has to write carplay compatibility, and/or apple might have a criteria of things allowed and banned (distracting games/apps).

To use mirroring the head unit would have to show up in the mirroring menu on the iPhone. I'm pretty sure the head unit does not support mirroring, only CarPlay.

Back