Anyone have their A/C compressor replaced after 15Y/150K warranty ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlC

In some states like, Ca USA many parts including the A/C compressor has a 15Y/150K warranty,

KarlC said:

In some states like, Ca USA many parts including the A/C compressor has a 15Y/150K warranty,

Hi buddy, it is better to ask directly from the offline stores.

Regards,
Bave Smith
Plex Tutuapp Vidmate

Not really. In checking with BMW NA, they indicate that extended warranty is ONLY FOR EMISSIONS ie. If the car fails to pass an emissions test, the parts listed as covered by the 15 year/150 warranty will be repaired/replaced as needed to bring the car back to the required State emissions standard.

If the AC just fails- that's on your dime.

MKH said:

Not really. In checking with BMW NA, they indicate that extended warranty is ONLY FOR EMISSIONS ie. If the car fails to pass an emissions test, the parts listed as covered by the 15 year/150 warranty will be repaired/replaced as needed to bring the car back to the required State emissions standard.

If the AC just fails- that's on your dime.
Yep, this is clearly spelled out in the vehicle warranty for people who bother to read the entire thing. The 15y/150m spec appears only in the emission controls section and applies only in that context of that section.

The way that I read the fine print, the REx-equipped models fall under the hybrid clauses of the 15/150K CARB warranty statutes for traction batteries and other items in states that use CARB. I have a BEV, so I never read any deeper.....

Back