Next ICE car - advice

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrayman

Ok as explained in my other posts, I am looking to get rid of my recently purchased REX for a 3 series. The i3 is just not for me (various concerns and niggles explained previously) although I can see why it would appeal to some.

Apologies, as know this isn't the most appropriate place to post (mainly EV owners/drivers) this, but there seem to be a lot of 'switched on' guys on here about ICEs too!!

So the choice is between a 320d and 330d - F30, 3 years old. I don't want an x-drive or 335d. Not much difference in mpg but the 330 is a lot more refined and powerful. Only minimal difference in price. I had an older model before and the engine was amazing and faultless. I understand the more recent models are not so reliable.

I do around 15,000 miles per year, mixed a-roads and motorway.

Any advice would be much welcomed.

Cheers

I've had 2 BMW diesels and I love them. I would go with the 330d. I know you don't want one, but the 335d is much better!!

Deutsch100 said:
I've had 2 BMW diesels and I love them. I would go with the 330d. I know you don't want one, but the 335d is much better!!

Thanks. Yes I know it would be a much better car to drive, but only comes in xdrive and this adds complexity and adversely affects fuel economy. These are the reasons I'm reluctant.

I only leased my i3s REx for 24 months. While I am really enjoying it, this is our second i3. I'll be turning it back in Nov '21 and I'm not super confident that there will be many other acceptable EV options here in the US at that time. Not wanting to do a third i3.

I really like the look of the new 3 series and I'm thinking about getting a 330e at that point if BMW brings it here. My daily commute is generally less than 20 mi so I think a car like this would allow me to do most of my driving on EV but it would have the gas range to do whatever else I needed. We have two other pure EVs so having one PHEV should be fine, right? :lol:

Back