What to get done/checked before end of warranty?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panamamike

Does anyone have a list of items to check/have fixed before the i3 goes out of warranty?
The one item I knew to check for 2015 was the motor mount bolt replacement. Any other important or key
items that should be checked/done?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,
I made the mistake of not knowing these items before my warranty ended. Here is a list from mine vehicle:
1) the shock absorber boots at the front are mostly torn apart, you can do a visual inspection behind the front wheel. Those boots are to cover the shock when it expands and retracts.
2) strange sound/noise from the a/c compressor. Any little sound or noise you got should bring it to the dealer to have it test for the compressor. This component seems to be a design fault that cause big repair bill (or even total the car) down the road.
3) If you have any instance that the charge plug lock not being engaged while attempting doing a level 3 DC Fast charging, or not being locked at level 1/2 charging (at least in USA) after locking the doors, take it to the dealer and have them replace that charge plug lock module.

Good luck.

Back