Cellphone slow to respond via Bluetooth

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisher99

When I receive a call on my cellphone the i3's Bluetooth system is vert slow to respond, sometimes taking several seconds before I can accept the call via the "telephone" button on the steering wheel. I know that it isn't a problem with the phone because it works just fine with my other two Bluetooth equipped vehicles. I have deleted and re-added the Bluetooth connection. Wondering if others experience this?

My 2 1/2 year old LG V30 normally pairs immediately and the i3 reacts to calls without delay.

Have you tried somebody else's phone? Not all Bluetooth drivers are created equally.

Have you updated your Connected Drive software? Most recent version I'm seeing is October 2018 for my 2017 model year. https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/software-updates.html

I haven't tried a different phone, but as I mentioned, my phone works fine with my BMW 535 and my RAM truck.

Interesting info about the update. I didn't know that was available. I'm a bit confused, however. I just went to the link that you posted and entered my VIN. It says that there is an update available (UPD05081). When I click the link to view the Software Update Information PDF, it says that it will update to one of several versions, depending upon the vehicle. The highest version level listed is MN-003.013.001 and TN-003.255.080. When I go to my i3 and check the Software Update screen it shows that I am already at MN-003.013.001 for "Media" and TN-003.013.001 for "Telephone". So, it would appear that I am already at the highest level for "Media" and that I am at a higher level for "Telephone" than what the download provides.

I wonder why the website would show this update for my i3 if I am already at a current or later version? Or maybe the PDF file is an old one and doesn't actually reflect the version that will be downloaded? Which brings me to a couple of questions: If I download and attempt the update, is the i3 smart enough to reject the update if it is actually a downgrade? Also, on the Software Update screen in my i3 I saw an option for reverting back to a previous version. Does that mean that the i3 stores the current version before an update and allows you to easily revert back if necessary to that version?

Fisher99 said:
...version level listed is MN-003.013.001 and TN-003.255.080.
...I am already at MN-003.013.001 for "Media" and TN-003.013.001 for "Telephone". So, it would appear that I am already at the highest level for "Media" and that I am at a higher level for "Telephone" than what the download provides.

I believe 003.255.080 contained in the download is higher than the 003.013.001 you're currently running. But yeah, it looks like there's no improvement for your media driver.

FWIW, my i3 just out of service with a slew of software updates, I just checked and am still running at these same version numbers at what the download file shows.

eNate said:
Fisher99 said:
...version level listed is MN-003.013.001 and TN-003.255.080.
...I am already at MN-003.013.001 for "Media" and TN-003.013.001 for "Telephone". So, it would appear that I am already at the highest level for "Media" and that I am at a higher level for "Telephone" than what the download provides.

I believe 003.255.080 contained in the download is higher than the 003.013.001 you're currently running. But yeah, it looks like there's no improvement for your media driver.

FWIW, my i3 just out of service with a slew of software updates, I just checked and am still running at these same version numbers at what the download file shows.

Yeah, good catch. I'm going to download the update and install this afternoon.

Back