BMW i3 Battery Cells

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnussg

Hello fellow BMW i3 enthusiasts.

We are a group of students at the University of Agder, Norway, that are working on second use battery storages made from electric vehicle batteries. Thus the batteries from Samsung used in BMW i3 are very interesting for us.

We are asking the forum regarding information about the batteries, for example specific data sheets regarding the li-ion batteries (with varying rated capacities) used in BMW i3 (120Ah, 94Ah, 60Ah) and i3s (120Ah).

We were hoping that by reaching out to you guys, we could get some specific information about the battery cells (e.g. rated capacity, nominal voltage and discharge power at standard conditions, as well as energy, specific chemistry, weight and dimensions of the cells). This would allow us to better design our storage system and program the battery management system accordingly.

We thank you, and really appreciate all the information we can get.

(If you happen to know specifics about battery cells used in other EVs that would also be highly appreciated)

Kind regards,
Magnus
Kristian
William

Back