Seat Belt Pilling/Fraying?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panamamike

Have any of you seen fraying or pilling of the seat belt? Would that be covered under warranty? If not, any idea how much to replace?

Maybe you could post some pictures? I would think pilling would be normal wear and not be a warranty item. What year is your i3?

It may be worth to check out the manual to see if seat belt has a different warranty period from the general bumper to bumper 4 years warranty. Many manufacturer has different warranty term for seat belt. My 1996 Honda has a lifetime warranty on seatbelt. Or next time when you stop by your BMW dealership for something else, ask about the warranty for the seatbelt and they may be able to do a goodwill repair on such an important but cheap (relatively compare to other BMW repair) item.

Timjohn said:
Maybe you could post some pictures? I would think pilling would be normal wear and not be a warranty item. What year is your i3?

2015. It's a bit hard to see in a photo since the seat belt is black.

9dEcY5N.jpg

Here's a photo of the seatbelt on my 2017.
Also interested to know if this is a warranty item.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty has a 10 year warranty for the state of Kansas only.

Back