Comfort access and high beam assistance

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imp6877

Hi everyone,

I'm a new i3 user. I'm having trouble working out how to get a couple of things working and I'd appreciate some insights from experts.

First, "Comfort access" (page 14 in the owner's handbook). This is effectively key-less entry. I've tried updating the settings on the car's menus, but I still have to use the key fob to unlock the car. Is there anything special that I have to do in order to make this work?

Second, "high beam assistance" (page 136). Under activating/deactivating it says I should press the button on the turn indicator. There is a picture of this, but it's not like my car. I have just one button, not two, and it's labelled "BC". Can anyone tell me how to get this working? What does "BC" even stand for?

Any guidance much appreciated.

Ian.

It would help if we knew what year and trim level your car is.

In the early years, comfort access only came on the higher end models. If there are a series of vertical ridges on the outside door handles, the car has comfort access.

I have no idea what high beam assistance does, and don't recall seeing it mentioned in my 2015 manual.

BC = [on-]Board Computer IIRC. It toggles between the temperature/clock/energy usage/etc values on the left side of the instrument display.....

It would help if we knew what year and trim level your car is.

In the early years, comfort access only came on the higher end models. If there are a series of vertical ridges on the outside door handles, the car has comfort access.

I have no idea what high beam assistance does, and don't recall seeing it mentioned in my 2015 manual.

BC = [on-]Board Computer IIRC. It toggles between the temperature/clock/energy usage/etc values on the left side of the instrument display.....

Ah, of course, sorry. It's new, but I think it is still called a 2019 model. It is a 120 Ah i3 and the trim level is the standard Atelier level.

High beam assistance automatically changes the headlights from full beam to dip when there is an oncoming vehicle and then swaps it back again.

vreihen said:
In the early years, comfort access only came on the higher end models.
That's true for North American i3's on which various features that are optional in other markets were tied to various trim levels or bundled together in optional packages.

If imp6877 is uncertain of the options on his i3, a VIN decoder site might clarify.

Back