Check Vehicle reset?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonK

Hi - on i3 94ah 2018 model which has recently been supplied and serviced, is it possible to reset the Vehicle Check reminder?
The car has been serviced as all Vehicle inspection, Brake Fluid and Engine oil appear to be reflect dates in 2021/22 except for Vehicle Check which says August 2020.

I understand there is a method via long/short pushes of the trip re-set button. Will this reset the Vehicle Check without messing up the other intervals?

Thanks - this seems like a superb forum.

You can scroll through the various items, and it won't affect anything else.

TO get there, do not press the brake pedal from off, then, hit the start button.
Press the button on the left side of the driver's display until a menu comes up. Short presses to get to the item you want to reset, then a long press. It will ask you to confirm. This is from memory, and I think I've got it all right, but it's pretty straight-forward.

Note, some stuff can be updated from the i-drive menu, like if you have a state safety inspection. There, just change the date like any other i-drive input.

If it was done at a decent service center, they should have done this for you...

Really helpful, thanks. The car came from BMW approved main dealer stock, but obviously this still got missed. All the other service dates seem fine.
I’ll await the warning which should arrive during August and will try the reset. Otherwise, I’ll get onto the dealership I bought the car from and they can do it for free...!!

Back