Central display

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galantnight

Hi,
I have a spot on the central display on my 66 plate i3 , been told by BMW that it cost £2200 to replace and about two hours labour ?
Is this right anybody else had this problem ?
Does it really take two hours to fit it as I can only see two screws and a plug and it’s out.
Thanks John

Some have swapped the smaller screen for a larger one and were able to buy the screen from China for something in the order of a few hundred pounds. They have described their efforts in various posts if you search. So, it somewhat depends on the model year and the screen you have whether one of those might work. I have no idea of the comparative quality between the two, but it didn't sound like a huge deal.

I bought a 10.25" display via AliExpress.com for about US$350. The hardest part of the installation is prying out the plugs over the two screws. After the screws are out, the display pulls straight up.

I don't know what "66 plate" means. You can probably find the BMW part number for the replacement display at https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUK/select (you will need the last 7 characters of your VIN).

Back