alohart

Re: Service threat from BMW Canada

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:26 pm

eNate wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:15 am
I didn't know this was available, Wow! I followed your link and requested the info yesterday; it was ready for me to download this morning.

It isn't a full history of the data, only the last drive, so it's not like downloading complete Facebook or Google histories. But that's crazy. My acceleration was rated at 0. I hope that's good. How much time I spent in Eco Pro mode. How many **inches** my sunroof is open. GPS location with three feet accuracy. Interesting stuff indeed!
Same here! My acceleration is rated at 5 with proactive driving at 4. There's no explanation of the ratings, but we got quite different acceleration ratings. I always drive in Eco Pro with ACC on and controlling acceleration and braking except when I want brisker acceleration or stronger braking momentarily. So I'm guessing that your 0 rating indicates a heavy foot :D
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

Arm

Re: Service threat from BMW Canada

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Cdni3 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm
I was shocked yesterday to get a threatening email from BMW Canada telling me I must schedule a service appointment at BMW. First I have serviced my i3 myself during Covid as I am, 1) retired 2) cannot go anywhere so decided to do the routine service on my vehicles myself.

If this is how BMW Canada thinks they can drum up more service business I think I’ll be looking at another manufacturer for my next vehicle. I have no idea that there is any such clause in my loan agreement with BMW and since my loan is finished in December they can go suck eggs.

The email message I received yesterday (copied word for word <CTR> “C” )

URGENT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR BMW i3
YOUR BMW REQUIRES SERVICING

Our records indicate that your BMW i3 may be overdue for maintenance. Ensure you get the quality care you deserve by booking a BMW Service appointment. BMW Certified Technicians are always ready to service your vehicle, using only Original BMW Parts, to keep your vehicle performing in peak condition.

In addition, as per the terms of your BMW Financial Services Agreement, you are required to maintain and service your vehicle as per the scheduled maintenance required and as indicated by the vehicle’s onboard maintenance system.

Schedule your service appointment with your preferred BMW Retailer today.

Please disregard this notification if you have recently serviced your vehicle.

Link = <Schedule Appointment>
You consider that threatening?? Lol

Return to “General / Main i3 Owners Forum”