BMW i3 Rex Service interval

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

Can anyone guide me about what is the service interval of a BMW i3 Rex 2017 ?

I have a BMW i3 Rex nearing its 3 years of purchase( Purchase - Jan 2018) and a service is coming due in Jan 2021 as well.
The dealer also sold me 4 th year extended service something, which i think gives me service unto 4 year service.

Due to endemic, I wanted to avoid going into service and delay it as much possible till virus cases rate becomes bit better

Q. Can anyone guide me about what is the service interval of a BMW i3 Rex ?
Q. If i delay my current service due to say April 2021 instead of Jan 2021 , will i miss on the last free service , which was supposed to be due on Jan 2022 ? ( assuming each service is 12 months apart and my last service will be due in Jan 2021)

I don't have much experience with BMW free service etc and so asking. All i know is that they r very costly and i have 4 years free service package, and would like to use it as much's possible.

Many thanks for advice

EVMan said:
Can anyone guide me about what is the service interval of a BMW i3 Rex 2017 ?
Every 12 months. BEV is every 24 months due to no engine oil change.

EVMan said:
Due to endemic, I wanted to avoid going into service and delay it as much possible till virus cases rate becomes bit better
Our BMW dealer is now picking up a car needing service from one's home and dropping it off at home after service to minimize interaction with dealer employees and other customers. You might ask your dealer whether they offer this service.

As Art posted:

12 months for REx - basically the annual oil and filter change

24 months for REx or BEV - basically the every-two-years brake system flush

With both the above services they also do a vehicle check - brake pad/rotor life, tire life, check for stored error codes, check safety systems, etc. The cabin air filters are also changed out roughly every two/three years.

BMW says you save 10% to 20% buying the service plan, over paying for the service as you go - but that's for an ICE car. For the i3, on the year extension I had, I basically broke even in the service year where I needed both the oil change and the brake flush, and would have lost money in the year I only needed the oil change.

Q. If i delay my current service due to say April 2021 instead of Jan 2021 , will i miss on the last free service , which was supposed to be due on Jan 2022

Yes - it runs by date. If you delay the service past the contract date, your contract for the pre-paid service is over. Just bring it in in Jan for the service, even if it is a few months early.

Back