Removing the California HOV Stickers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKetchup

I have some HOV "Access OK" stickers on my i3 but I'm worried about damaging the paint or being permanently left with a silhouette of the decal if I try removing it improperly. Can you suggest anything that could help me remove it correctly?

Thanks!

Use a heat gun!

The first one I removed I peeled straightaway with no prep, planning to use Goo Gone to clean the residue. Chore! The sticker is a three layer laminate with an anti - tamper feature that leaves behind a field of dots. Took forever.

Nos. 2, 3, and 4 I used a heat gun right to the point it was uncomfortable to touch. They peeled right off with barely any residue, and in fact looked to be in such good condition I could have probably reapplied them. No "shadow" left behind on the car.

Use a Heat gun, mine came with CA HOV pass and I am in NY. I peeled the first one without and the VOID sticker left on was a bitch to remove but nothing Goo gone and elbow grease didn’t take care of.

The others I used my heat gun and peeled off clean barely any residue left.

So I used a hair dryer with almost great results. A little bit of that sticky residue is left. Can I use a
Goo Gone alongside the hair dryer?

Thanks!

BK

Just removed all 5 of mine with an ancient hairdryer and Goo be Gone. Work decals off first with heat and the tamper proof spots with both heat and Goo Gone. A bit of rubbing but no damage at all from heat or scrubbing. Those decals were a sorry sight all over my FL car.

Back