4th year warrenty ending soon

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

My 2017 Rex i3 will soon be completing the 4 years of warranty. ( 3+1)

Can anyone please advise, a checklist of repairs i should get , to avoid costly expenses in the 5th year. Its only done 16K

1) how can i request a 12 volt battery change , given its closer to its end, and can create an issue for me unexpectedly.
How can i justify this ask ? any technical systems ?
I am even willing to buy battery from 3rd party myself, if they can change it to cover labor.

2) Front suspension rubber coverings ( i guess sims ) - They look ok. Can i still ask for replacement ? People say , should be replaced every 2 years

3) Anything else ? Please advise. This is my 2nd i3. Have had mostly trouble free rex ownership.

I doubt that a dealer would replace anything under warranty that isn't broken. The battery in our 2014 i3 is the original battery and is still functioning normally, so you won't likely be able to persuade a BMW dealer that your battery is nearing the end of its life and should be replaced under warranty.

If the rubber shock absorber covers aren't rotten and ripped, why would BMW authorize their replacement? The labor cost would be significant even though the parts cost is minimal.

BMW of North America, LLC (BMW NA) warrants during the Warranty Period the 2017 U.S.- specification BMW vehicles distributed by BMW NA or sold through the BMW NA European Delivery Program against defects in materials or workmanship to the first retail purchaser, and each subsequent purchaser.

There has to be a current, discovered defect - BMW isn't going to replace parts for you for free just because you think they might fail some time in the future.

If the car is in for service, ask them to do an 'end of warranty' complete vehicle check to see if they find anything. Dealers aren't adverse to doing warranty repairs - BMW pays them for the work - but they aren't going to fix it if it isn't broken.

Thanks for your tip.

Yes, the dealer is ready to fix anything at the first sign of imperfection, due to $$$

Back