Android my BMW App Now Available in Play Store

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eNate

Staff member
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bmw.connected.mobile20.na

Fresher look, improved climitazation schedule control, map updated with greater usability, but nothing much in the way of new features.

Unfortunately, the new App, in its current configuration, does not include any E-drive driving efficiency statistics. Hopefully, BMW will make efficiency information available in the new App before it shuts down the ConnectedDrive App at the end of June.

One big thing that I noticed is BMW Value Service, not sure if this is a new service or a new feature of the app. If this thing plays out it will be a big thing and much more useful than some features on a new app. Looks like BMW is trying to tackle the high cost of servicing by dealers. Dealers that participate in program will have to post prices on the service which you can look on the app. I checked a few participating dealers near me and they don't have the i3 services, but it looks like a work in progress (few models are added to the system). I think if BMW wants to compete with Tesla and improve their residuals they have to do something about outrageous service costs from dealers, so this looks like a half step in the right direction.

There is one useful addition!

From the app, the I can now set a "next departure" time that overrides the scheduled departure time.

With this setting not available with the previous app, I could only change it in the car. Normally the option presents itself on the exit screen.

In the app's presentation, it plainly states that the next scheduled departure times will be overridden until after the one-time departure time has passed. That was never communicated clearly when setting this up on the i3's screen.

My BMW is available for iOS too. I got it yesterday. I greatly prefer the look, layout and performance of BMW Connected. Connected is set to die in June :(

Deutsch100 said:
My BMW is available for iOS too. I got it yesterday. I greatly prefer the look, layout and performance of BMW Connected. Connected is set to die in June :(

I’m hoping for Apple Watch compatibility soon. And more eDrive data gathering and crunching. But the app looks more modern.

Spamouflage said:
Deutsch100 said:

I’m hoping for Apple Watch compatibility soon. And more eDrive data gathering and crunching. But the app looks more modern.

YES...sad they removed eDrive, but my eDrive app info oddly did not match my car's eDrive. My app would show very low mi/kWh, whereas my car would show better and higher.

Funny, I think the BMW Connected app looks more modern and clean. The new app you have to oddly keep swiping to see info, that was more logical and visible on the old app. Different strokes, different folks ;)

Back