Replaced Deka Silver trim with Dark Oak Wood Trim

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agzand

I just replaced the silver trim on my 2018 Deka World i3REX with dark oak wood trim. Looks better in my opinion. The wood trim was the only thing that bothered me about buying the Deka World.

I have documented the process in this video (sorry for the long video, didn't have time to cut it any shorter):

https://youtu.be/MdUlBTkXMsw

Looks great. My first i3 had Deka silver trim. I liked it, but never loved it. My current has the dark oak wood and I LOVE it. Great job! Congrats!

agzand,

From which company did you order the wood trim pieces?

I am thinking about ordering the same oak trim pieces for my 2017 i3 Rex.

symonray said:
agzand,

From which company did you order the wood trim pieces?

I am thinking about ordering the same oak trim pieces for my 2017 i3 Rex.

I tried ordering thru a BMW dealer, but they said BMW NA does not provide this part anymore.

I found a seller in Europe on ebay. I have the link in my youtube video description. Their service was excellent, I received it in about 2 weeks.

Deutsch100 said:
Looks great. My first i3 had Deka silver trim. I liked it, but never loved it. My current has the dark oak wood and I LOVE it. Great job! Congrats!

Thanks! I know the light wood is more popular, but I think the dark oak fits the Deka World better and probably is more durable as well. Also for some reason the light wood is significantly more expensive when I checked part numbers.

The dark oak wood trim kit is no longer available to order through BMW North America, and it is currently in very short supply in the UK. I have placed several orders through a variety of online parts suppliers in the US and Europe, and all have been cancelled due to the wood trim pieces being out of stock or otherwise unavailable. I was finally able to place an order with a parts dealer in Eastern Europe who orders directly from BMW AG in Germany and who claims he can fill my order. I have my fingers crossed that this order will be successful.

Back