Mapping for road trips

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spamouflage

Hello i3 peeps,

We’re about to embark on an epic cross Canada road trip and we have decided to try our 2020 i3s. We are craving an adventure… I have a few questions:

1. The range that’s displayed in the iDrive Map - does it factor in the REX added range or simply pure electric?
2. With Apple CarPlay - what is your go-to navigation for longer EV trips? ABRP, PlugShare, Apple Maps, Google Maps?
3. What resources have you found helpful? I’ve watched countless YouTube videos but it never hurts to ask a community like ours.

Thanks in advance, I leave tomorrow. First stop - Ontario!
:p

That makes the BMW i3 REx a series hybrid, operating differently than the much more common power-split hybrids that range from the conventional Toyota Prius to the plug-in hybrid Chevrolet Volt cookie clicker

Hello Spamouflage –

I'm a BEV owner on the USA's toasty West Coast so my experience is non-REx in a much warmer climate...

I've never used ABRP, but I have six+ years of experience using PlugShare and recommend it highly. The community there keeps EVSE locations pretty up to date in terms of serviceability and has near-real-time availability info.

Good luck with your trip, it does sound like fun!

Back