I'm baaack

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graememwl

Not that anyone probably noticed I was gone :D

After selling my '15 Rex at the start of the pandemic, I just took delivery of a '19 i3S BEV CPO with only 6900 miles.

Comparing the '15 with the '19 S, I honestly can't tell a different is speed or "zippyness", but maybe my senses are tainted as I test drove other BEV's including the i-Pace and Taycan. Settled on another i3 as it fits my use case best - 3rd car used primarily for a 70 mile round trip commute in SF Bay area rush hour traffic. To add icing on the cake, my employer has a bunch of free Level 2 chargers available to me.
One thing I can say, is the '19 S has *much* better handling than my old '15 REX. Way more grip and better control of body heave and roll. The steering feels a little (a lot?) heavier than I remember and the cloth seats (Deka) have more lumbar support, are better bolstered and at least for me are more comfortable than the leather seats (Tera) in my '15.

Is the BMW Connected app subscription only now? I can log on to my account online, but get an invalid password when I try to use the app.
Looking through the website, it looks like it's $50 a year to to access key vehicle info. Am I missing something?

Anyway, glad to be back in the i3 family. Here is a snap of my new toy just after I got it home.

EnBIvoh.jpg

Congratulations and Welcome Back. The S version of the i3 for sure drives and handles better than the non-S version. I had a 2019 i3S and now a 2020 i3S, and the difference when I have driven a non-S i3 is huge; handling and steadiness is very noticeable.

The BMW Connected app should be free while the car is under factory warranty. Perhaps you should call BMW, as the app could still be tied to the previous owner and you need to set up an account for yourself.

Deutsch100 said:
<snip>

The BMW Connected app should be free while the car is under factory warranty. Perhaps you should call BMW, as the app could still be tied to the previous owner and you need to set up an account for yourself.

Just got off the phone with BMW. I needed to reset my password (did that yesterday too), but this time only used alphanumeric, no special characters. That did the trick. Funny thing is, my password with the special characters worked fine on the website and I had been using it with my '15.
Technology..... don't trust it! :lol:

Hi! Your i3 looks awesome! about the seats and the material there is no match for taste and color, in my opinion it's better when the back seats are upholstered in good quality leather. easier to dry-clean than velour. Just my opinion without imposing it on anyone, respectfully new member of i3!

Back