2021 i3 backup camera no lines?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbrf23

Just picked up a 2021 i3. Very surprised to find the backup camera has no guidance lines or indicators at all. Is this right? Is there a way to turn on the guidance lines using Bimmergeeks protool or similar?

Thanks!

On our 2014 i3 which has an earlier iDrive version than yours, guidance lines can be turned off and on in iDrive. Can't imagine that BMW would have removed that capability in later i3's.

I bought a 2021 last week, second one for me, I have a 2020 too. The reviews say the only difference in the model years is the 2021 has the more advanced LED headlights free of charge. Seems to me when we arrived home the wife remarked about no lines and I jogged the console round thingy to the left while the camera was on and turned on the lines in a menu option there.

I jogged the console round thingy to the left while the camera was on

That's the trick! I had tried the "option" button on the iDrive controller and it didn't pull up any options. Didn't even think to try that before. Thank you!

Back