Windsurfing board & I3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cksky

Hi I realize this is a bit obscure but does anyone know if a 200cm X 80cm windsurf board or similar sized item could possibly fit inside the BMW I3?
Thanks.

cksky said:

Pics don't work (...anymore). How did you fit it in, and how much space did you have left? I'm wondering if it would take my 272x65cm windsurf board. In any regular car I've owned, I would simply recline the passenger seat and slide the board in through the tailgate, with the tail of the board into the passenger's footwell and the nose resting on the rear seat's headrest. But as the I3 front seats don't recline that far, I fear that's not going to work.

Alternatively, I was wondering if it would work if I put the board on its side and fold down the rear seat backrest, then slide the board in between the front seats from the back, with the nose forward onto the passenger seat. all the way up to the dash. But 272cm is quite long so I'm afraid the bootlid won't close anymore...

EDIT: I found a post on reddit of a guy claiming he had put 96" lumber into his I3, and he thought even 9' would fit. That's with the lumber (2x4's) up on the dash right next to the screen, so I guess that won't work with a surfboard (not would I want to drive that way).

Back