MP3 playback options

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cksky

I'm old school and still buy CDs then normally download them to my Android phone. My 2017 I3 with Idrive 4 lets me connect the phone by bluetooth for calls and music but it doesn't recognize any MP3s on my phone even if I connect via aux or USB cable. I know I can use a separate USB storage but is there anyway to use my phone?
Alternatively would any of the retrofit Android auto systems allow me to access the phone stored MP3s?

Hmmm... I thought I replied to this but don't see the reply. I'm not sure why you can't stream from your android phone to your i3. It works for me, although I don't do it very often. I copied my ripped collection of CD's to one of those very short (so it doesn't stick out far) USB sticks and keep it in the USB slot in the console's cubby hole.

If you want to add Android Auto to your i3 and don't want to change out the head unit, this might be an easy solution: https://www.amazon.com/Car-Driver-INTELLIDASH-Touchscreen-Assistant/dp/B09D5Q2G9C/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=339Y0TGXKI1SP&keywords=intellidash+pro&qid=1643219718&sprefix=intellidash+pro%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFPNEsySTFSRFNFM00mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2MDc5OTAyME1PQkxRUzJISVhYJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1MTA1MDg1WVNQNFBQT0NLRUsmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Back