March update SoC display

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezarc

To those who have received the March update, could you post pics of what the SoC display looks like? I've brought my BEV in to the dealership twice during April for minor things yet have not noticed the SoC display anywhere. The advisor kept telling me I'm up to date. I'd really like to get that version before I start coding the car.

In the scrolling data available on the left of the driver display you will see a batt icon and nn.nn%, similar to this:
http://www.consumerreports.org/content/dam/cro/news_articles/cars/BMW-i3-low-state-of-charge.jpg

You can find you explicit software version by exporting your car profile to a usb stick, open the file created in the bmw folder with a text editor and check near the top look for a YY-MM reference like 15-03.

As far as I can tell, this is considered a small, running change, and you may not get it until the accumulated set of things grows bigger, or you have some specific issue that needs to be addressed and it is updated as a consequence. Software updates tie the service bay up for a fairly long time, and BMW won't pay for it until some critical mass has accumulated or the change is a safety issue...this is a convenience issue, so it doesn't qualify.

Back