Who reached 50 000 Miles or more ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brice

Hello everybody,

We opened a thread on a french forum and are looking for people who already drove a lot with their i3s.

How does the car respond to millage ? Battery range ? Inside noise ? Repairs ?

Thank's a lot for your feedback ! :)

I haven't reached 50k yet, but I am at 46,000. Other than a couple minor glitches that were fixed, its been running like a champ. The usable battery capacity is at 18.3kWh (BMW lists this at 18.8kWh when new), which is surprisingly good after 22 months and 46K.

There's no more cabin noise than when it was new and no squeaks or rattles to report. It's been everything I had hoped it would be and I'll be doing a comprehensive review once I hit 50K. I'll post the link here.

Gas%2BStation2.jpg

Hi guys,

Tom is going to overtake us sometime (soon), but we have crossed 50000 miles just last week. Currently 50500 miles on the clock.

A few light interior vibrations on occasion (from new, not worsened), some early adopters woes (as expected since our car is one of the very first REx-es) and quite some 'quality enhancement replacements'. All fixed under warranty and handled gracefully and satisfactory by our BMW i-agent, kudos to them !
Car and battery are as good as new. No wear and tear, even the white-ish upholstery and light brown leather is fine. Our battery shows Max Kapa of 18.6. Range seems to be same as ever.

Like Tom: quite happy with ours !

Regards, Steven

Edit: for your amusement ;), snapshot from last week: our car on the 50kW CCS charger at ABB, Baden (CH). ABB makes most of the european CCS chargers.
i3atABB.jpg

Stevei3 said:
Hi guys,

Tom is going to overtake us sometime (soon), but we have crossed 50000 miles just last week. Currently 50500 miles on the clock.

A few light interior vibrations on occasion (from new, not worsened), some early adopters woes (as expected since our car is one of the very first REx-es) and quite some 'quality enhancement replacements'. All fixed under warranty and handled gracefully and satisfactory by our BMW i-agent, kudos to them !
Car and battery are as good as new. No wear and tear, even the white-ish upholstery and light brown leather is fine. Our battery shows Max Kapa of 18.6. Range seems to be same as ever.

Like Tom: quite happy with ours !

Regards, Steven

Edit: for your amusement ;), snapshot from last week: our car on the 50kW CCS charger at ABB, Baden (CH). ABB makes most of the european CCS chargers.
i3atABB.jpg

Lookin' good Steven!

Thank you very much for your feedback Tom and Steve. This has been really informative.

If anyone else wants to give us more feedback, please feel free to do so :)

PS : thanks for the picture also! Looking good indeed. I'm really impatient to get mine.

Back