>56 mph in ECO PRO+ ? YES!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

Learned today that the cruise control defeats the 56 mph limitation in ECO PRO+ mode.

Range increases 1 or 2 additional miles vs ECO PRO.

20160701_101509-M.jpg

:cool:

It was several months after purchasing our i3 that I discovered that driving in Eco Pro+ imposed a 56 mph speed limit because I almost always drive with ACC on and set to 5 mph over the speed limit.

The 56mph speed limit in Eco Pro+ is a "soft limit". You can defeat it by continuing to press the accelerator hard for a couple seconds. It's really meant more to coach you to drive slower, which will increase your range, more so than to impose a strict limit. There can be situations when you need to go faster for safety reasons so it isn't a hard speed limiter, which could be unsafe.

Just turning on the cruise control without activating it removes the 56MPH limit. When this speed is exceeded the energy consumption screen is disabled- a petty revenge :D

gt1 said:
Just turning on the cruise control without activating it removes the 56MPH limit. When this speed is exceeded the energy consumption screen is disabled- a petty revenge :D

Thanks

I never new this

Now I always drive ecopro+ on the freeway

gt1 said:
When this speed is exceeded the energy consumption screen is disabled- a petty revenge :D

Funny. :lol:

Also good to know the limit is not restricted. Safety concern makes sense.

Back